Accessible media contents and services to persons with disabilities
- Social exclusion of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in BiH through inaccessible media contents and services in BiH and inability of PWDs to participate in social life and exercise their political, social and civil rights;
- CSO exclusion from policy dialogue on implementation of rights of PWDs, according to adopted/ratified UN and EU documents (UNCRPD, EU guidelines on accessibility);
- Lack of capacities of CSOs to engage in constructive dialogue on accessibility issues, primarily focused on media accessibility;
- Lack of accountability and/or capacity of media providers in BiH (public broadcasting services, telecom operators) to implement accessibility standards within their services/programs and adjust services and contents to PWD needs;
- Lack of public awareness and support for disability/accessibility issues of PWDs.